Monday, April 02, 2007

April Fool is very annoying

Last day some of my colleages made joke with me, without knowing. They said that we had made a new library secretly that would solve many of the problems recently encountered. This made me feeling both glum and a bit optimistic in the sense that now there can be solution to some problems, but it is rude and arrogant to make important changes without telling so.

I spent quite some time asking them about this new library. After lunch they came back, laughed at me and said I had been fooled. Since I usually don't follow the native ways of Americans etc I have not heard about this before and asked for its use. The answer angered me. It is just to make people believe in nonsensical things and then laugh when they not understand. How this can be tenable?!

Also later I see many companies, newspaper, even private people make the same kind of so-called jokes! Yesterday nothing worked as it should which I find very annoying and angry. I would like to ask people here what the point is of this and how they can accept.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have similar experiences. Friends of mine have for instance created what can almost be described as fake websites, just to laugh at people.

Paig, you have all my sympathies. If you ever visit the cold country of Sweden, please join me for a beer or two.