Thursday, December 14, 2006

"Losing control" is stupid

A couple of days ago two friends discussed with me. They made point that today's society is more and more open and communicating, and that this is shown by consumerism, dancing, open-structured relationships and what have you. Also, one of them made this absolutely nonsensical remark: "It's always been about control, but now we're losing it and it's great".

Naturally I rebuked this harshly. Our society is built on control. Even, the more control the better. Look around and you will see factories, cars and other technical objects engineered and run in completely, automatic controlled fashion. This is reality. If modern people try to be relaxed and "lose control", they are just not acknoledging true facts of reality, they are being stupid and should be told so.

When saying this I received the answer "but Paig, you're so stiff". One of them also raised concern that I am value conservative and that this is not tenable in modern society. To this I will tell that I am not conservative since that is stupid viewpoint and just want old things, on the other hand I am not modern if that is to "lose control". No, I'm true modern and want a more and more automatic and controlled world. Reading formulas, using computerized systems, seeing big lines of factories and other facilites cooperate makes me happy. This is the future.

No comments: